PLEASE READ OUR BOOKING POLICY CAREFULLY. BY BOOKING AND REGISTERING ON OUR WEBSITE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR AGREEMENT WITH st.PIERRE
In these Terms and Conditions, the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
the booking requested by the Booker and confirmed by st.PIERRE in the Confirmation.
the information required to be given by the Booker in making the Booking including, without limitation, the Guest’s full name, valid permanent residential address, valid credit card details, mobile number and email address and full names and ages of any other members of the party staying the Property.
the booking process undertaken by st.PIERRE including the acceptance by st.PIERRE of all of the Booking Information and the satisfactory completion of the Identification and Security Checks.
any breach by the Guest of these Terms and Conditions.
the details of a valid Credit card supplied to st.PIERRE by the Guest for the purpose of the Booking.
the confirmation of the Booking issued in an e-mail by st.PIERRE, following completion of the Booking Process.
the contents of the Property including without limitation the furniture, furnishings, fittings, art and decorations, appliances and equipment.
The Contractor is the Principal Guest unless otherwise stated in the contract with the Third Party Booker.
the cost of any additional items or services purchased or ordered by the Guest or Third Party Booker during the Stay or upon Booking.
Final Cost of Stay
the final total cost of the Stay including the Total Booking Cost together with any Liability.
the person(s) authorized to stay at st.PIERRE during the Stay, being the Principal Guest together with any other Permitted Guests.
Identification and Security Checks
any checks st.PIERRE deems necessary in order to validate the Booking Information.
the total amount for which the Guest is liable in respect of any Breach as set in these Terms and Conditions.
a creditcard deposit to st.PIERRE at check-in to the Property to cover any unpaid expenses or damages resulting from the Stay. The Liability Deposit has been set at the standard amount of €418 per Booking and will be refunded provided there is no liability.
such number of guests due to stay at st.PIERRE as shall have been notified to st.PIERRE by the Principal Guest as part of the Booking Information and subject to the maximum number of persons permitted to stay at st.PIERRE as set out in the Terms and Conditions.
the person making the Booking, or being the person identified by the Third Party Booker as Principal Guest, details of whom have been provided in the Booking Information.
The apartment owned and managed by st.PIERRE located on the Langebrug 28, Leiden
the website http://st-pierre.info
the Guest’s stay at st.PIERRE comprising the number of nights booked by or for the Guest
Total Booking Cost
the total amount payable for the Property for the Stay including Extras.
Third Party Booker
the person responsible for making the booking via online or offline channels on behalf of the Principal Guest. The Third Party Booker hereby declares to have received full written authorization of the principal guest, to share and use it’s booking information with st.PIERRE. On request the Third Party Booker might be asked to supply st.PIERRE with any proof of Principal Guest’s authorization.
The following conditions apply to all dealings between st.PIERRE, the Guest and any Third Party Booker
- Designated use
of the property
- The Property is designated exclusively to serve as housing, leased for a short duration.
- The Guest will be responsible for all payments and for any damage whether caused by the Guest or his or her party. References to ‘party’ in these Terms and Conditions will include the Guest’s family, servants, agents or guests. The Guest agrees to make his or her party aware of these terms and conditions.
- The Guest certifies to be expressly aware that the lease is a temporary lease of the Property and the fact that the Property must vacated at the end of the lease agreement. The guest is not entitled to any right to security of tenure.
- In the event the Municipality or an institution competent in the matter were to prohibit the use of the Property pursuant to the designated use described under Article 1.1, and/or prevent or limit this, the Guest is obliged to agree to this. In this regard, the Property is to be vacated by the guest after which it will be transferred to st.PIERRE within a reasonable period of time, or at least within the period required by the Municipality. In this case, the Guest is not entitled to compensation for damages, regardless of their title or designation.
- Duration, renewal and termination
- The stay shall terminate by law on the expiry of the period mentioned on the invoice, without prior notice of termination being required.
- On the expiry of the specific period set out in the invoice, the Guest must vacate the Property, removing all personal belongings, transferring the property to st.PIERRE on submission of the keys, on the understanding that any fixtures and fittings found at st.PIERRE must remain there, in good condition, specifically, complete, clean and properly maintained. The Guest undertakes to return all sets of keys of the Property upon departure. The Guest undertakes not to make any copies and/or to deliver to third parties the keys of the Property and/or to disclose to third parties any access code of the Property. The loss of the keys implies the refund of the cost of a new lock and of 5 new sets of keys.
- Should the Guest fail to transfer the Property empty and vacated on the expiry of the specific period as set out in the invoice, a penalty of € 627,00 per day will be forfeited, notwithstanding any right to performance, dissolution and compensation for damages to st.PIERRE.
- Upon termination within the specific period set out in the invoice, the Guest shall not be entitled to any restitution, in whole or in part.
- The Guest agrees to st.PIERRE check-in and check-out times. Check-in hours are between 15:00 and 23:00 and check-out is before 11.00 PM, unless otherwise agreed upon with st.PIERRE in the Booking. St.PIERRE may charge a fee or penalty for check-ins or check-outs outside the hours stated above.
- Responsibility regarding contacting st.PIERRE about check-in outside of hours mentioned under 2e lies solely with the Guest. st.PIERRE cannot be held responsible for “lock-out” situations arising from this.
- The duration of the Contract will be indicated in the Booking Confirmation. For contracts with a duration up to 21 days the duration is considered fixed, with no possibility for early termination.
- For a Booking up to 10 nights booked at least seven days in advance, st.PIERRE requires a 25% down payment of the Total Booking Costs upon booking. Down payments are only refundable when cancelling within 24 hours of the Confirmation. The remaining balance of 75% is due 7 days before arrival date.
- For a Booking of 11 nights or more, st.PIERRE requires a down payment of the Booking Costs for the first 7 nights upon booking. Down payments are only refundable when cancelling within 48 hours of the Confirmation. The remaining balance is to be paid at check-in.
- If st.PIERRE has not received the full amount of the aforementioned down payment within 48 hours after the due date, st.PIERRE reserves the right to cancel the Booking. At which point the Contractor waives all rights to refund of any payment made.
- Credit cards provided to guarantee the Booking, will not be charged upon Booking for the Total Booking Costs unless otherwise stated by the Contractor during the Booking process or when st.PIERRE offered special rates with other conditions.
- st.PIERRE allows the option of paying a ‘flexibility fee’ of 10% of the Booking Costs. Payment of the fee allows the Contractor to cancel or change the date of the Booking no later than 48 hours days prior to midday on the day of arrival, subject to availability and price changes, without losing aforementioned down payments. Additional charges as a result from a changed booking can be invoiced or paid upon check-in.
- Following check-out by the Guest, st.PIERRE shall ensure that the Final Cost of Stay is available in invoice format via the Contractors e-mail and/or in hard copy. In the event that any Liability is due to be paid, the Contractor authorizes st.PIERRE to take such amount directly from the Liability Deposit. In the event that st.PIERRE is unable to take payment for any Liability Contractor shall make payment of the Liability forthwith. Failure to make any such payment fully within seven days of dispatch of the statement shall render the Contractor liable to interest on any outstanding amounts at the rate of four per cent over Bank of The Netherlands base rate.
- Payment by bank transfer must be made in Euros and any costs resulting from this process are for account of the Contractor. Failure to make the bank transfer in 48 hours may result in booking cancellation. With payments made by bank transfer, st.PIERRE needs to receive within 48 hours after the Reservation a scanned copy of the transfer payment’s receipt by email to email@example.com, specifying booking number, the reference of the apartment and Customer‘s name.
- Credit card payments are subject to a handling and commission fee charged by the card company and are set to 4%. These charges are for account of the Principal Guest or Third Party Booker.
- Booking Confirmation
- The Booking will become valid and effective only upon completion by st.PIERRE of the Booking Process and dispatch by st.PIERRE to the Contractor of the Confirmation. Automatic generated confirmations for bookings made online via the website of st.PIERRE or third party websites remain provisional until st.PIERRE completes the confirmation in writing or per e-mail.
- In the event that st.PIERRE is unable to complete the Booking Process it shall notify the Contractor and provide an opportunity to provide any Booking Information which may be missing or which cannot be validated. In the event that st.PIERRE is still unable to complete the Booking Process st.PIERRE shall notify the Contractor that the Booking has not been confirmed and will be released.
- In the event that, following the Confirmation, the Property is not available for any reason in respect of all or part of the Stay, st.PIERRE shall notify the Contractor as soon as reasonably practicable. In such circumstances st.PIERRE shall use all reasonable endeavors to offer the Guest a suitable alternative Property. In the event that st.PIERRE is unable to offer the Guest a suitable alternative Property, it shall refund the Total Cost of Stay to the Principal Guest. Under no circumstances shall st.PIERRE be obliged to pay to the Contractor any further sum(s) by way of compensation or damages arising from such cancellation. st.PIERRE will pay for 1 (one) night to ensure Guest can arrange alternative accommodation.
- Check-In / Check-Out
- The Property shall be available exclusively to the Guest from 15:00 on the first day of the Stay until 10.55 A.M. on the final day of the Stay.
- The Guest may be able to enter or leave luggage at st.PIERRE before ‘check-in’ time or after ‘check-out’ time only by prior agreement with and at the discretion of st.PIERRE. Leaving luggage at st.PIERRE before or after ‘check-in’ and/or ‘check-out’ time is purely at the risk of the Guest.
- The exact check-in/ out time must be communicated to st.PIERRE at least 48 hours before arrival/ departure day by the Principal Guest or Third Party Booker. Accompanied check-in/check-out is standard from Monday till Friday and from 8am till 9 pm. For unaccompanied check-in/check-out outside these times, special arrangements can be made at an additional charge and is only allowed by prior agreement and at the discretion of st.PIERRE. Costs, Liability and any inconveniences incurred due to late check-in or early check-out are for account and responsibility of the Principal Guest. Specific check-in/check-out procedures will be communicated in a welcome letter (e-mail) to be sent after payment.
- The keys to the Property will be either collected by the Principal Guest or provided by st.PIERRE upon check-in. At check-out the Guest shall hand over the key and any other possessions of st.PIERRE. Failure to do so shall incur, by way of Liability, a charge of 50,00 Euro per key to help cover the cost of replacement keys and/or key fobs.
- Terms of Stay
- The Property shall only be occupied by the Guest, which shall include the Permitted Guests. No one other than the Principal Guest shall be permitted to make the Booking on behalf of a Guest without the express consent of st.PIERRE.
- The Principal Guest will be aged 23 or over.
- The Principal Guest shall at all times be responsible for the acts and/or omissions of the Guests and shall be liable to st.PIERRE in full for the responsibilities, obligations and liabilities of the Guest as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Guest shall not authorize or permit any other person(s) to enter or stay at st.PIERRE without the prior approval of st.PIERRE. The number of persons permitted to occupy the Property is limited to the number of beds available and this limit may not be exceeded without st.PIERRE’s prior approval. st.PIERRE reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Property if this condition is not complied with.
- st.PIERRE allows a maximum of two persons stay at the Property.
- Guests are not permitted to smoke in the Property. In the event that the Guest does smoke at st.PIERRE, st.PIERRE shall be entitled to charge the Principal Guest the sum of 200.00 Euro by way of Liability to cover the additional costs of cleaning, freshening and airing the Property over a 24 hour period.
- The Guest shall not allow any pets or other animals to enter or stay at st.PIERRE unless agreed by st.PIERRE.
- The Guest shall at all times treat the Property and the Contents with care and respect and keep the Property at all times reasonably clean and tidy. In the event that the Guest causes any damage to the Property, or any damage to or loss of any of the Contents, the Principal Guest shall be responsible in full by way of Liability for such cost of any repair(s) or replacements, as st.PIERRE shall reasonably determine.
- st.PIERRE will have to be notified as soon as practically possible of any damage to the premises. This will facilitate the replacement of articles, furniture, effects or fittings that may be damaged or lost during the period of tenancy.
- The Guest undertakes to leave the Property clean, with particular regard to the kitchen. In case of non-compliance with this obligation st.PIERRE will be entitled to deduct the cost for the extra cleaning service from the Security Deposit.
- The Guest shall not undertake any filming or photography at st.PIERRE for their personal or their business’ financial gain without the prior agreement of st.PIERRE. In the event of a breach of this clause the Principal Guest agrees to the immediate and minimum payment of €600 (six hundred Euros) and to vacate the Property immediately. st.PIERRE may also reasonably determine that further payments are due. Under no circumstances will a refund be given for the Booking fee.
- The Guest shall have respect for other residents in the vicinity of the Property and shall not cause or allow to occur any unreasonable noise or other nuisance. In the event that the Guest does cause, or allow to cause, unreasonable noise or other nuisance at st.PIERRE, st.PIERRE shall be entitled to charge the sum of €200.00 (two hundred Euros) by way of Liability to cover the additional costs of dealing with the disturbance.
- Social gatherings or parties without st.PIERRE’s prior approval, excessive noise or antisocial behaviour within the Property, and disturbance or disruption of neighbours and neighbouring properties is strictly prohibited and can result in immediate eviction.
- The Guest shall vacate the Property at the end of the Stay and other than the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions shall not acquire any other rights in or in relation to the Property.
- st.PIERRE is not liable to the Guest for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, to its property, or person.
- st.PIERRE will not be liable towards the Guest for any interruptions of electricity and/or gas and/or water supplies not caused by st.PIERRE.
- It is understood that, within the limits allowed by the law, the amount of possible damages indemnifiable by st.PIERRE to the Customer in relation to the Contract will be limited to the amount actually paid by the Customer to st.PIERRE under the Contract.
- st.PIERRE will take a copy of the of the Guest’s credit card and/or a recognised form of Identity such as a driver’s license or passport and retain both on its secure Bookings database to guard against identity theft and credit card fraud.
- At any times during the Stay st.PIERRE may either itself or permit others to enter the Property in order to carry out necessary repairs or in order to reasonably assess or prevent any breaches of these Terms and Conditions by the Guest. st.PIERRE will at all times attempt to give prior warning before entering the Property.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing, the price will include all charges for water, gas, electricity, or oil. Guests must comply with reasonable usage and may be charged if excessive energy is consumed during their stay (i.e. Excessive heating whilst leaving doors and windows open).
- The Guest explicitly declares that each occupant of the Property complies with all legal requirements and regulations regarding residing in the territory of the state of the Netherlands, as specified by the law, either by being an Dutch citizen or – in the case of foreign citizens – by having all the necessary visas and permits required for entering and residing in the country. The Guest hereby assumes full responsibility for possessing and providing all required documents.
- On arrival the Guest will find the Property clean and tidy. The Guest is requested to wash and put away all dishes, empty the dishwasher, and take out the garbage upon departure. If the Guest does not, a cleaning penalty of 50,00 Euro will be deducted from the deposit. In the case that an accommodation is not clean at the time of the arrival, the Guest has 2 hours to inform st.PIERRE. st.PIERRE will send the cleaning staff as soon as possible.
- Guest(s) are under no circumstances allowed to register at the city government on the address of the rented Property.
- Change of Booking
- There will be a fee of 45.00 Euro for any transferred booking. A transferred booking is a change in the Guest or from one date to another. If the transfer requested also involves reducing the length of the stay, it will be regarded as a cancellation.
- Confirmed bookings can be cancelled free of charge within 25 hours after booking.
- If a confirmed booking is cancelled after 48 hours but more than 14 days before midday of the day of arrival st.PIERRE will refund 50% of the Booking cost..
- If a confirmed booking is cancelled within 14 days before midday of the day of arrival does and after 25 hours after booking st.PIERRE does not refund paid down payments.
- st.PIERRE advises Guest(s) to take care of any necessary travel insurance(s).
- st.PIERRE will not be liable for any delay, loss, damage or expenses incurred if the booking needs to be altered or cancelled or st.PIERRE is unable to perform its contractual obligations as a result of events beyond its reasonable control, which shall include but not be limited to events such as; war, civil strife, terrorist activity, labour disputes, natural or man-made disasters, fire, flood, and adverse weather conditions. st.PIERRE shall not refund bookings due to flight cancellations because of volcano eruptions.
- st.PIERRE reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- st.PIERRE reserves the right to cancel or alter arrangements made for the Guest whether before or during the relevant visit (i) in any circumstance which arises from or is attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond the reasonable control of st.PIERRE or (ii) where in the reasonable opinion of st.PIERRE deems it is necessary to perform or complete essential remedial or refurbishment works.
- If a booking has to be cancelled by st.PIERRE, it will take reasonable steps to offer an alternative booking. If st.PIERRE is not able to offer such an alternative or the Guest does not accept the alternative offered or the altered arrangements (as the case may be), st.PIERRE will return to the Guest the relevant proportion of the money paid by the Guest in respect of the apartment and will not otherwise be liable for any loss caused by cancellation or alteration if it arises out of circumstances beyond its control.
- If the Guest does not show up on the arrival date or he does not communicate any delay to st.PIERRE, st.PIERRE is not responsible for compensation of any extra cost incurred by the Guest for an alternative accommodation. The apartment will be considered to have been occupied from the original date of arrival and the Guest will not be entitled to any extension on the original booking.
- st.PIERRE will hold the reservation for 24 hours after the agreed arrival date and time. After this time if the Guest does not show and does not give any communication to st.PIERRE the Reservation will be deemed cancelled and the Guest will not be entitled to any refund.
- Where 8.6 (b) applies st.PIERRE shall offer the Guest a Property in the same or a higher price range (at no additional cost) or in a lower price range (where the difference will be reimbursed).
- Early Departure
- st.PIERRE will not refund any paid Booking Costs in case of early departure. Unpaid balances or remaining Booking Costs will be balanced by way of the Liability. In the event the Liability Deposit is insufficient to cover the balance of the Booking Costs, direct payment of the principal Guest or Third Part Booker is required to cover unpaid expenses.
- Security deposit
- The Contractant shall provide st.PIERRE a security deposit in the form of a bank transfer, AMEX, VISA or MasterCard credit card, to guarantee the proper fulfillment of obligations and/or the compensation for damages to the Property.
- The security deposit will not be subject to the payment of interest.
- The Contractant shall not be entitled to claim the settlement of any portion of the security deposit.
- In the event the security deposit is called upon, the Contractant shall, at st.PIERRE’s first request, execute payment of the full amount due, supplementary to the security deposit.
- The amount of the Security Deposit is 500,00 Euro.
- Express resolutory condition
- st.PIERRE will have the right to terminate the
Contract with immediate effect by written notice to be sent to the Guest in the
i) In case of non-payment by the Guest of any amount due as provided in the Booking Confirmation, including the Security Deposit; or
ii) In case of behaviour contrary to the Terms of Stay of the Property (see art. 6).
- In the event of the previous letter a), st.PIERRE will be entitled to deduct, by way of penalty, the Security Deposit and/or the part of the Total Booking Fee previously paid by the Guest.
- st.PIERRE will have the right to terminate the Contract with immediate effect by written notice to be sent to the Guest in the following cases:
- Amendments to Terms and Conditions
- st.PIERRE’s Terms and Conditions may be subject to change at any time and without notice. Prior to your check-in, please consult this page for the most up-to-date amendments.
- Governing Law
- Any and all disputes arising in connection with these Terms & Conditions or from other agreements related to it shall be adjudicated solely by the court with jurisdiction in the Netherlands, and shall be subject to the laws of the Netherlands.